It's rewarding to know you've made a difference in your grandchild's future. Why not do so with a plan that offers your grandchild and you benefits?
With New York's 529 Direct Plan:
- You have the satisfaction of knowing your help can reduce your family's debt in the future.
- Your savings can be used for tuition, certain room and board costs, books, and fees.
- Your grandchild can go to any eligible college or tech school they choose and aren't limited to schools in New York.
- Your grandchild can have several accounts opened for his or her benefit, so if mom and dad already opened an account, there's no stopping you from opening one too.
- You can open accounts for each grandchild you have.
- You can start saving at any time, whatever your grandchild's age--from newborn to high school.
- If you are a New York taxpayer and an account owner, you may be able to take advantage of different tax benefits the plan offers.* If you don't have an account and just give money directly to another account owner, you won't have those benefits.
- You can contribute whenever it's convenient for you, or on a regular basis with our automatic investing options.**
- As an account owner, you remain in control of the account, including when and where the assets are used.
- If your grandchild doesn't go to college, you can change the beneficiary on the account to an eligible member of the child's family without paying a penalty.
- You may be able to minimize your estate taxes.*
- You'll be able to take advantage of professional investment management from Vanguard, one of the world's largest and most respected investment management firms.
- You can get started today in just 10 minutes. Enroll now.
* The availability of tax or other benefits may be contingent on meeting other requirements.
** A plan of regular investment cannot assure a profit or protect against a loss in a declining market.