Forms to manage your account
Here's how to handle common transactions related to your Direct Plan account.
By logging on to your account, you can perform many transactions online (as indicated below). Or you can have forms mailed to you by calling 877-697-2837.
Open an account
- Open an account using the application in this kit.
- If you are opening a Trust account you will also need to download and complete a W9 form.
Account Information Change Form
- Change an account owner's name.
- Change an account owner's address, phone number, or email address.
- Add, change, or remove a successor account owner.
- Add, change, or remove an interested party.
Beneficiary Change Form
- Update beneficiary information.
- Change the beneficiary.
- Transfer all or part of the existing account balance to a new beneficiary account.
Change of Ownership Form
Transfer your entire account balance to a new account owner.
Exchange / Future Contribution (Allocation) Form
- Exchange the existing money within an account (limited to twice per calendar year).
- Change the direction of future contributions (anytime).
Payroll Deduction Instruction Form
Add, change, or delete the payroll deduction instructions for your account.
Recurring Contribution (Automatic Investment Plan) / Electronic Bank Transfer Form
- Start, change, or stop your recurring contributions (also known as an automatic investment plan or AIP).
- Add or change bank account information for periodic contributions by electronic bank transfer.
Additional Purchase Form
- Make additional purchases by check.
- Roll over assets from another 529 plan, an education savings account, or a qualified U.S. savings bond indirectly (that is, if you withdrew the funds from the previous custodian within the past 60 days).
Incoming Rollover Form
Roll over assets from another 529 plan or an education savings account directly (that is, if the previous custodian still holds your funds).
Withdrawal Request Form
- Request a full or partial withdrawal.
- Close an account.
Form W-9: Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification
Certify the Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number for the account owner or beneficiary.
Authorization to Access 529 Plan Accounts
Designate a registered investment advisor or other financial consultant as your agent with limited authority to obtain information regarding your accounts.
Durable Power of Attorney and Indemnification Agreement
Grant one or two people the ability to act on your accounts.