Enhance your benefits package with our plan
You can provide a competitive benefit and keep costs down by offering a Direct Plan payroll deduction program.
Payroll deduction is good for you & your employees
- Differentiates your benefits package.
- Helps employees save for higher education.
- Is simple to administer—no cost to your company.
- Complements your 401(k), 403(b), 457, or other savings program.*
- Easy way for families to start saving for higher education.
- State and federal tax benefits can help employees' money go further.**
- Low-cost investments professionally managed by Vanguard.
- Account owner decides how and when the funds are used.
When you offer the Direct Plan, you get:
No extra costs or administrative hassles
With our online registration for employees, there's only one form that crosses your desk. We use the same Automated Clearing House (ACH) direct deposit that you're most likely already using, and there's no charge for the service.
A way to help your employees save
For as little as $15 per pay period (in after-tax dollars), your employees can save for their children's, grandchildren's, friends', or their own future education with a simple, convenient plan.*** The minimum for other contribution methods is $25.
Support from a plan representative
Direct Plan representatives are knowledgeable professionals who can assist you before and after you establish a 529 payroll deduction program. They're available as a resource to:
- Discuss the benefits of 529 payroll deduction.
- Assist human resources/payroll with initiating 529 payroll deduction.
- Lead workshops for employees on the importance of saving for higher education and the benefits of the Direct Plan.
- Staff benefits fairs.
- Provide educational materials for staff and employees.
Our Employer Kit includes a number of printable resources, which you can use to help educate your employees about the benefits of the Direct Plan. Download them below or contact your plan representative to order the materials.
Welcome brochure featuring the advantages of offering the Direct Plan as a benefit to your employees.
An overall guide to the Direct Plan for your employees, detailing the benefits of saving for college, the added benefits of the Direct Plan, and an overview of the investment lineup.
Everything you need to know about establishing and facilitating payroll deduction for your employees, with simple directions and tips for online and mail-based processes.
The form that employees can use to initiate or change payroll deduction.
Step-by-step directions for employees on how to enroll and initiate payroll deduction, both online and with a paper application.
A ready-to-display poster inviting employees to informational seminars about the value of saving for college through Direct Plan payroll deduction.
A ready-to-display poster promoting the benefits of the Direct Plan.
A draft email that you can customize and send to your employees as an introduction to the Direct Plan and its benefits
Find out more about how we can help you offer your employees the benefit of saving for higher education.
Talk to one of our education savings specialists at 800-420-8580 on business days from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., Eastern time.
Write us at email@example.com.
Complete an online request to have a Direct Plan representative participate in your company event.